Working demo at http://wikimania.wikimedia.org/registration/
The text of the form and definition of the fields themselves are final, and currently in the translation queue. Registration is scheduled to open on 3/31, although this may be pushed back a week or so if I can't get the information I need to accept instantaneous payment by then. Austin 03:01, 29 Mar 2005 (UTC)
... is requested at meta:Translation_requests/Wikimania#Registration.
Brainstorm ideas for useful things we can tell people immediately following registration here.
Feedback on registration process
- People when they click on any of the "Pay buttons" are added to the database. If they've clicked on the wrong button, and go back, they will be added twice to the database. At this rate, the HdJ will be filled before we even know it.
- We need : a big red warning sign that make people aware of the fact that when they click on the Pay button, they've actually REGISTERED. So either:
- We can put the pay button on another page and have a button at the end of first page that says : Confirm your registration and proceed to payment
- Or that can be on the same page just before the payment buttons. But it needs to be prominent.
- Also, I say that again, I believe it is extremely important that credit card payment be warned BEFORE they click that payment will occur in USD. This is the reason why Julien Levrel registered twice. He clicked on the credit card thing and did not understand why suddenly there were dollars. (you can erase entry ID # 27 by the way, that one is wrong.).
Weren't people supposed to receive an automatic email with their registration specs? If that was the case, it is not happening. If that wasn't, we need to implement it. This e-mail should be sent to the registrant and a copy sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and an address of your choice so that the 3 of us can monitor what's going on and have a trace of what has been going on.
I think that's all for now. notafish }<';> 15:43, 5 Apr 2005 (UTC)