See also : Internal:Postmortem
Speakers, others needing special rooms and reservations
- Flight - departing Tuesday late-aft from Dulles (DCA) to FRA, departing Monday or Tuesday from FRA to PDX
- Hotel - 5 nights (Wed to Mon)
- Flight - roundtrip from Cali (SFO?) to FRA, departures on Wednesday and Monday
- Hotel - 4 nights (Thu to Sun)
- Flight - roundtrip from BOS to FRA, departures on Thursday and Sun / Mon [unsure yet, 48 hr wait].
- Hostel / local house - from Thursday through Sunday nights
- Flight - roundtrip from Vancouver?
- Hotel - 4 nights (Thu through Sun)
May be covered by OSI Hossein Derakhshan
- Flight - roundtrip from Ontario, Canada
- Hotel - 3 nights (Fri through Sun)
- Flight - roundtrip from SF
- Hostel - 3 nights...
H der J rooms
Up to 60 rooms needed. See the 65 accepted speakers, be grateful we aren't full yet.
- RMS (2? nights, perhaps, if no local house found)
- Twiki devs (1-3 for 2 nights),
- Xwiki devs (Ludovic, 1, for 2 nights),
- Atlassian devs (Mike C-B for 1-2 nights),
- Gruppo Logos : Vergara & Bazzani (2) [and a dev? maybe another (1) ], 2-3 nights (Fri to Sun)
- LISA rep : Michael (1), 1-2 nights
- Sj's mother : Nora (1), Sun/Monday, 2 nights
- Directmedia representative (1?), 2? nights
- German legal expert (1), 2? nights
General conference registration / body counts
- Andreas Brand (AB2) [whenever he speaks]
- Six or seven monitors, tracking recent changes.
- ENWP, known non-bot users (from a list of 10,000) - 30/minute
- ENWP, other (new users, anons, bots? see below.) - 20/minute
- Large WPs (top 10?) - 25/minute?
- Small WPs (bottom 100) - 20/minute?
- Other projects (ENWN, ENWB topping the list) - 15/minute?
- Meta projects (meta, wmf, wikimania, mailing-list posts) - 10/hr??
- Since this is too little content; perhaps we can include here all posts to rare namespaces : Wikipedia: and Talk:, parallels on all other projects.
- Optional: Bots, on all projects - 1/minute, averaged out? 20+/min at peak times.
- A combined external-RC feed; somehow displayed / hooked up to sounds.
- Flickr, similar? photos
- Del.icio.us, Technorati, Feedster, other tags
- Matching tags: Wikipedia, Wikimedia, Wikinews, Wikimania, Mediawiki, etc.
- Secondary matches: Wiki, "free knowledge", "open content", "free content", etc.
- Talk to people from the last O'Reilly conf to do this for Flickr
Ideal: offer internal broadcasting of these feeds, that visitors could select from over the intranet. An odd form of multicasting.
Ward Cunningham (c2, xp, &c)
- Late August 2 - August 8.
- Cost: biz-class ticket, housing.
- Ancient wiki history, What are Wikis Good For?, FIT and testing methods (casual, hackfest), Potential patterns for MediaWiki development (maybe?, casual, hackfest), [insert your suggestion here]
- Game for taking part in many events; wants to get to know the community
- May not be able to look at source code, depending on how scared MS lawyers are about GFDL-tainting
Sven Dowideit (twiki)
- "hopefully for the entire event", coming from Australia via Zurich
- Cost: none.
- looking to bring other twiki devs along
Christophe Ducamp (craowiki)
- "very interesting"... "Need to find a bit of money to share some costs..."
Ludovic Dubost (xwiki)
- days: 2, perhaps Wed and Thurs or Thurs and Fri. "2 or 3" Xwiki devs considering coming.
- Cost: none. "We'd love to participate... [in a bit of dev and non-dev conference]"
- Talks: 1) small-rm presentaiton of xwiki (off-schedule), 2) panel on dev roadmaps for the future of wiki, 3) multilingualism panel (counterpoint: novel efforts in xwiki)
Mike Cannon-Brookes (Atlassian/confluence)
- days : unkown; travelling back to Oz from UK.
- Cost: none. Wants to see a panel about "things wikis /shouldn't/ be able to do... but can"
Rebecca Ray (LISA)
- days unknown
- Cost: none? coming from LISA's swiss HQ
- looking for other localization experts to invite
- Update: Michael Anobile seems like the candidate to come.
Subject: RE: LISA at Wikimania? this sounds good. let me see what your agenda looks like-- also the companies/attendee profiles. i can select case data from an fairly wide selection of companies. probably using ibm, avaya... and smaller. but. it makes better sense to get some data first [on who will be there], then decide. please keep me posted. Michael Anobile <firstname.lastname@example.org> www.lisa.org
Vergara (LOGOS dictionary)
- days flexible.
- Cost: ~none; Logos is interested in sponsorship, paying own way, bringing 2 people
- Update: Wants to sponsor for $1k Euros.
- Presentations: 1) on the history of the logos dictionary and its conception / community, 2) a panel on ultimate wiktionary comparing visions. "He would prefer to speak in Spanish or Italian."
- Other: offers of translation services and help, pending interest from translators (who are not employees; would have to agree to volunteer). Offered a list of interpreters who live in the area, from their db, who we could ask to come for travel/lodging.