Seeded with old content from Berlin discussions
Simultaneous tracks? How many?
- The history of; research into related reference works
- history of large-scale reference work collaboration.
- encyclopedias, dictionaries, wikipedia, ...
- Encyclopedia deathmatch : Britannica, Brockhaus, Wikipedia?
- 'Building reference works' : EB/Brockhaus/Encarta speakers
- Brockhaus 'seem interested', maybe 2. an old person to talk about the past  and a young one to talk about the present.
- Tim Bray could get a britannica contact
- cf. Jimbo's Britannica biz cards.
Library, museum, archive track
- Data archiving.
- Libraries: LoC, et al?
- Museums: Frankfurt area museum effort... (see Fun, below)
- Other big content sites: H2G2? CDDB?-IMDB? ODP? on openness... go.com?
- Collab deathmatch: Gelernter, Tim Berners-Lee, Linus Torvalds?
- IBM/First Monday - Andrea Siphillaley, Martin Lawthenberg / Fernanda
- Vala (thesis)
- German academic papers; two came to the ccc-booth.
- social problems, get someone from usenet or? to speak. kurt wanted to get someone for 21c3 but had no time. conflict resolution. usenet (de diff from en), ODP, livejournal/blogger.
Legal & political/government track
- many german lawyers. Lessig, FSF
- Wikipedians: Michael Snow, et al.
- govmt interaction, funding, advising
- Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung - center for govt edu.
- publishing information on politics for free...
- soufron? must speak about something.
Multilingual communication track
- sessions on translation and international networking
- presentation by Esperantists
- small languages session(s) - getting them online, discussion about their communities [and where they flourish]
- discussion of other big multilingual events/orgs
- academics. nobel prize winners. libraries. proper endorsements.
- set up endorsements system; partnership system for donors?
- German Library Assoc. [cf patrick]
- Trolling on librarian lists... ALA et al.
- Jimbo can contact britannica co-speaker at june ALA conference.
- writers about academia. vala notes/thesis.
- IBM history flow; Martin W.
- some economist about stats they're gathering (Laibson)
- [jay rosen] : breakdown of trasditional academia; "modern armchair researcher"
- physicists? (t'Hooft, et al)
Journalism, news track
- news, give people more credit. distinguishing b/t original author and other?
- get bloggers...
- Paula from the BBC
- people from radio show with ang... bob mcgascwin???
- Jotwiki, socialtext...
- Directmedia - CD/DVD (Mandrake? Print?)
- organizer of big country encyclos (Brazil? Chile? Iceland? S.A., Holland)
- Wikireaders? wikishop? cf. other organization-promotion experts.
- Wikimedia devs
- Ward C.
- Other big corp wikis : Jotspot? Socialtext? Alsatian confluence?
- Wikisyntax standardization : mailing list wants an RfC...
- elian, erik.
- Wikiidentity standardization? any mailing list?
Developing world track
- 3rd-world initiatives. OSI, Germans, etc
- People from every project... every language.
- Moeller, Ray Sant, GerardM, tomos/villy, isam, ...
- find scholarships for travel from africa, central asia, s.am.
- visa information: get formal invitations for middle east.
- this issue will be handled on the EU level; not just political.
- mainly anti-illegal immigration.
- censorship panel (wp in china; also the taiwan/china issues, turkey, Saudi)
- Wizzy.za, others brining computer to africa
- education in less-dev countries. india... computer-shipping groups.
- the c-shipping groups say 'sure, just send us CDs...'
General overview track
- main first session, morning 1
- how the servers, community, remote use, reuse work
- dealing with spam, user conflicts, new projects.
- Education (see Developing world, research)
- Ravers, anarchists (from cali)
- The [Joi Ito] track
Notes from Frankfurt
- Suggested Speakers (ask soon): Ward Cunningham, Stallman, Lessig, Moglen, Volker Grassmuck, Andrew Lih, Yochai Benkler (New York University), Tim Berners-Lee (Semantic Web), Ismail Serageldin (Library of Alexandria, Ito), Brewster Kahle (Internet Archive, Ito), Derrick de Kerkhove (Library of Congress, Ito), David Weinberger (Blogger, Ito), Karl La-Grange (W3C, Ito)
- Joi's contacts: Ward Cunningham (easy), Stallman (hard), Lessig (easy), Moglen (no contact), Volker Grassmuck (not much contact), Andrew Lih (nope), Yochai Benkler (New York University) (so-so contact), Tim Berners-Lee (Semantic Web) (no contact)
- Why we need to bother Joi for Andrew?? He listed himself on meta!
Workshops and Panels
- Education panel : teachers; see old ml-posters from zh, en, hawaii. translators, marcom (jimbo's old school), Dieter Koehler.
- Reuben Puentadura - Arg education / online references
- translation/language panel:
- Ono Susumu - Tamil-Japanese
- Ethiopic - getting the language online; photographing docs.
- troll panel?
- a session about troll problems; with active dissidents (ru, pl, es breakaways; "well-meaning" trolls)
- Panel "Encyclopedia death match": invite brockhaus, britannica, encarta
- Workshop on legal issues (Till Jaeger (german), Villy (french), Michael Snow (US))
- Digital Divide/Development politics: (Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul, Ethan Zuckermann, Danny)
- Politics (open content & copyright legislation): (Joerg Tauss)
- Education: (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung - contact Tim/Volker)
- Technical: big picture for a general audience (how is the server farm organized, future directions of mediawiki development)
- Status of the projects (short presentations)
Posters and other events
- Poster session: cf. Wizards of OS?
- Main lobby area? or packed into a breakout room...
- Breakout rooms - for small events, even non-public? events
- Need a way to let people schedule their own events online
- edit this workshhop! event
- troll panel! lir, wik, quellnymphe, Xed, 142, ... [hmmm.]
- Museum trip -- photography project
- ask permissions from Frankfurt museums until one says 'yes!'
- Wikimedia commons / editing area
- Editing Frankfurt -- Local tours (by the local helpers)
- improve the frankfurt articles in the different wikipedias
- Library of Congress: everyone can bring his books, reserve one room (Terassensaal) as working library
- ask the Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung for books
Photo/Audio/Video competitions (30 prizes) -- cf. sj, sannse