Jump to navigation Jump to search
Badges will be printed in advance and laminated. Akl will work on the layout. Austin and notafish will provide the database. There will be a possibility of printing and laminating badges on site.
While making a first draft I came to the conclusion that four different colors should be enough:
- Organisation, Programme - lead
- Staff - helpers
- Speaker, Press, Guest - VIPs
- Visitor - the crowd who pays the bill ;-)
-- Akl 20:10, 20 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Classess of badge
All people helping
For speakers, obviously
For sponsors etc.
Visitor (or Wikimaniac)
The day passes will be worked out on the badge with a system of darkened squares, 1 per day, so that we know who should be here and who should not.
- For day pass, different day, different colour?
- I really like the draft. Do you have better sources for the sponsors' logos, though? JamesF 19:27, 25 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- The "shaded bubbles" system is great, but unnecessary for all but the gray badges. The "red people," go without saying; all staff are registered for the full week; VIPs aren't paying by definition. Austin 21:50, 10 May 2005 (UTC)
- So, we have badges as follows:
- Organisation - Members of the boards of Wikimedia Foundation (and Wikimedia De, Wikimedia Fr, etc?) - Red, no dots
- Staff - People who have organised the conference - Dark blue, no dots
- Staff - People who help keep the conference running -
Dark blue?Light blue?, no dots
- Speaker - Umm... - Green, no dots
- Press - Officially-sanctioned members of the press -
Green?Yellow?, no dots
- Guest - VIP of some other kind -
Green?Magenta?, no dots
- Visitor - Normal attendee - Grey, dots
- Wouldn't it also make sense to include people's online name? It's OK for me, for example, but people whose online names are significantly different to their display name will be confusing, no?
- Also, perhaps two versions of the visitor tag, if that's the only one that going to be with dots - one with them, one without?
- JamesF 13:46, 11 May 2005 (UTC)
- Don't propose such things around akl. He'll bite.
- A "nickname/username" field has been part of registration since the beginning, but because of some poor wording on the form ("Nickname or Wikimedia project username to appear on badge (optional)") people were misunderstanding the point of the field and duplicating their real names, sometimes even adding their nicknames on top of those. Last week I normalized the current database and reworded the legend ("Nickname/username to appear on badge, alongside your full name") on the English form, which has apparently alleviated most confusion, but a final confirmation e-mail (when registration ends) will ask registrants to verify their information as a final step. Austin 17:02, 11 May 2005 (UTC)